We have a small set of rules to help us ensure our users are engaging in safe & welcoming ways. If you don't understand a rule or need to report an incident, please reach out in #community-meta or send a direct message to @ModMail!
Nickname & Avatar Policy:
With the exception of people posting “hiring” posts to the job-board channel we’d like you to present yourself on our Discord server how you feel most comfortable via your Nickname, Avatar, and personal bio. You must avoid any content that is offensive or not safe for work (nudity, violence, certain contentious imagery or subjects) and you cannot imitate other users or Denver Devs staff. Our response to this will be dependent on the nature of the issue.
Some guidelines we encourage you to consider and may ask you to abide by:
- Keep your Nickname friendly, respectful, easily readable, and easily mentionable (some symbols can be difficult to find and type).
- If you’re comfortable use your real name, and a photo of yourself! A lot of our users do.
- You can update your nickname and avatar at any time, but try to not confuse others with too many changes.
Infractions & resulting action:
Depending on the severity of the infraction, the admin team may respond with one (or multiple) of these actions:
- A public or private text warning
- Forced updates to your Nickname
- A temporary mute (time determined by severity)
- A role removal & role lockout
- A temporary server ban
- A permanent server ban
If you see anyone engaging in behavior that goes against our rules, code of conduct, or Discords Community Guidelines & Terms of Service, the best thing you can do is direct message @ModMail. ModMail is an open-source discord bot that helps our staff - you can read more about it here: https://modmail.xyz/. We encourage using the ModMail bot before direct messaging an admin because the ModMail bot will go to _all_ of the staff. Use your best judgment on this, though.
While most decisions from the admin team are final, you may appeal infractions by direct messaging @ModBot or emailing email@example.com.